For registration in In-Service Education (Extension Education) courses from Groups One to Five, applicants must:
- register for the course on-line using?Nipissing University Web Advisor,?or?complete the?course registration?form?and other applicable forms;
- provide a photocopy of their Ontario Certificate of Qualification, Interim Certificate or equivalent documentation;
- Additional Basic Qualification courses (Intermediate or Senior) -?provide an? original?official transcript confirming the completion of an approved undergraduate? degree?from?an accredited university and that the course subject prerequisites are met;
- Honour Specialist courses - provide an original official transcript confirming? the completion?of an approved undergraduate degree from an accredited university in a program that?requires four years of?university academic study or the equivalent of a minimum 20 full university courses (120 credits).?Applicants must also submit evidence of at least two years of successful teaching experience in Ontario certified by the appropriate supervisory official (a principal's signature is not acceptable) and at least one year of experience in the subject in which the Honour Specialist qualification is sought;
- Part II courses - provide proof of completion of?Part I.?This proof must be either an Ontario Certificate of Qualification (or a photocopy), or a letter from the Ontario College?of Teachers verifying their eligibility for the course. No other documentation is acceptable?for this purpose. In addition, applicants registering in Part II courses must submit evidence of at least one year of?successful teaching experience in Ontario certified by?the appropriate supervisory officer,?or of at least one year of successful?teaching experience outside Ontario certified by the?appropriate?supervisory official?(Statement of Experience form);
- Part III courses - provide proof of completion of?Part II.?This proof must be either an?Ontario Certicate of Qualification (or a photocopy), or a letter from the Ontario College?of Teachers verifying their eligibility for the course.?No other documentation is acceptable?for this purpose.?In addition, applicants registering in Part III (Specialist) courses must?submit evidence?of at least two years of successful teaching experience, including at least?one year of experience?in Ontario in the subject area of the course, certified?by the appropriate supervisory officer?and, if some of the experience was outside Ontario,? by the appropriate?supervisory official (Statement of Experience form);
Please note: It is the student's responsibility to meet certification requirements as stipulated?by the Ontario College of Teachers.