All individuals entering Nipissing University buildings are required to complete the self assessment via the Nipissing Safe App daily. This step is vital in ensuring that those entering our buildings are healthy and symptom free. Please note that individuals may be asked to provide their assessment results upon entry and/or prior to any on-campus appointments.
Nipissing Safe is the official safety app of Nipissing University. It is the only app that integrates with Nipissing University's safety and security systems. Security Services has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the Nipissing University campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
Nipissing Safe features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Nipissing University area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Panic Button / Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to Nipissing University security in real-time in case of a crisis
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to Nipissing University security.
- Virtual WalkHome: Allow Campus Security to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Notification History: Find previous Push Notifications for this app with the date and time.
- Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position.
- Campus Maps: Navigate around the Nipissing University area.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at Nipissing University.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from Nipissing University safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
- COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool.
*New Feature* COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool
To access the COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool, please complete the following steps to ensure your app is up to date:
- Launch App
- Click "About/preferences"
- Click "Data Update"
- Click "Check for updates"
To use the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool:
- Follow prompts and answer questions as accurately as possible
- Confirm answers and click "Continue"
- Launch App
- Click "COVID-19 Resources and Self Assessment"
- Click "Self Assessment Tool"
- Select proper description option (Student, Staff or faculty) (Contractors and visitors)
- If it is your first time using the tool, you are required to enter some identifying details
- Select proper affiliation (Staff, Faculty, Student, Contractor, Visitor)
- You will be asked to consent that you are aware that the app is meant as an aid and not a diagnostic tool
If self-assessment results are GREEN: individuals are approved for entry to campus buildings.
If self-assessment results are RED: individuals are not approved to enter campus buildings and should follow the recommendations provided.
Download today to ensure you’re prepared in the event of an emergency.