?Biosafety is growing in awareness and importance, not only in the area of research and development, but with the wider community as a whole.?Biosafety is concerned with the safe handling of biohazardous substances, whether they be micro-organisms or genetically modified organisms. Nipissing University's Biosafety Program operates under the mandate of the Provost and Vice President Academic and Research and is guided by Nipissing University Health and Safety to promote awareness and safety when working with biohazardous substances. ?As such,?Nipissing University has developed a Biosafety Program with the following components:
- Comprehensive Laboratory Safety and Biosafety?Training
- Risk Assessments and Risk Management
- Laboratory Safety Inspections and Audits?
- Biosecurity Guidelines
- Nipissing University Biosafety Policies and Procedures Manual
- Nipissing University Laboratory Safety Manual
- Guidelines for the Safe Use of Autoclaves
- Spills and Incident Management Procedures?
- Waste Management Guidelines
For more information on the Nipissing University Biosafety Program please see our Biosafety FAQ page.
For more information, please contact:
Laboratory Safety Coordinator/Biosafety Officer
Faculty of Arts and Science
705-474-3450 ext. 4180