We are committed to providing a personalized student experience within a collegial learning community dedicated to creativity, innovation, and excellence in teaching, research, and scholarly activities.
- to provide leadership in language and literacy education through collaboration, advocacy and communication?
- to develop a literacy network and provide a forum for pursuing language and literacy research?
- to promote effective literacy practice through research in pre-service, in-service, and graduate teacher education
- to share and disseminate innovative research findings which may inform and enhance classroom practice
- to liaise with other literacy organizations and to establish community partnerships to further the development of literacy
- to promote socio-cultural awareness of contemporary classroom complexities
- to provide professional development for teachers, administrators, and teacher educators