Why Get Involved With NU Reads?
There are many reasons why our Reading Mentors become involved with NU Reads, but one thing is clear; every Reading Mentor takes away valuable experience that can be applied to various settings. As a reading mentor, you'll have the opportunity to:
- gain?experience working one-on-one and/or in small groups with children aged 4-11;
- utilize various literacy-focused teaching strategies learned through education classes in a setting outside of the classroom and build upon prior experiences working with children;
- take away literacy-focused ideas and practices that can be used in future placements and teaching opportunities; and,
- become actively involved in the greater community of North Bay!
We offer both Saturday sessions at the North Bay Public Library and P.D.Day Events here on campus. Specific dates are determined each year.?
How Can You Get Involved With NU Reads?
If you are interested in becoming a NU Reads Reading Mentor, please email NU Reads to be added to our volunteer recruitment list for upcoming sessions. An up-to-date police check will be required prior to volunteering. NU Reads is registered with the Record of Student Development (RSD).
If you have any questions about becoming a Reading Mentor, please do not hesitate to contact us!
- Call us at 705.474.3450, ext. 4077
- Or email us email@example.com