Master of Education?
Students must complete a total of 30 credits as follows:?
(one of the following)
- EDUC 5186: Research Project & Seminar (Course Route) (3 credits)
- EDUC 5115: MRP (6 credits)
- EDUC 5454: Master's Thesis (12 credits)
- Course Route: (seven 3-credit electives required)
- MRP Route: (six 3-credit electives required)
- Thesis Route: ( four 3-credit electives required)
The following courses are grouped according to themes. These themes do not offer a concentration that will appear on your transcript. All of the courses below are subject to availability.
- EDUC 5286:?Narrative Inquiry in Teaching, Learning and Research?
- EDUC 5547:?Indigenous Research?
- EDUC 5676:?Qualitative Approaches?to Educational Research
- EDUC 5747:?Inquiry Through the Arts: Research Methodologies and Methods?
Educational Leadership, Social Justice, and Equity
These courses foster leadership in education regarding the development of a 21st century society that promotes social justice and equity.
- EDUC 5156: History of Education in Canada
- EDUC 5166:?Critical Pedagogy and Approaches to Democratic Education
- EDUC 5176: Education Law in Schools ?
- EDUC 5237: Educating for Environmental Sustainability
- EDUC 5266:?Holistic Education
- EDUC 5336: Educational Leadership
- EDUC 5337: Conceptions of Student Risk & Resilience, and Educational Leadership
- EDUC 5366: Safe Schools
- EDUC 5417:?Alternative Schooling
- EDUC 5447: Current Issues in the Teaching & Learning of Boys & Men
- EDUC 5456:?Issues in Special Education?
- EDUC 5476: Mentoring as Supportive Practice
- EDUC 5536:?Issues in First Nations Education
- EDUC 5617:?Readings in Special Education
- EDUC 5687: Comparative and International Education
- EDUC 6118: Inquiry-Based Growth & Development in Educational Sustainability
These courses focus on the design, implementation, assessment, and revitalization of curriculum in diverse contexts for 21st century learners.
- EDUC 5116:?Principles of Curriculum and Instruction
- EDUC 5146: Reflective Practice
- EDUC 5147: Teaching Evidence-Based Practice
- EDUC 5206: Exploring Experiential Learning in Health
- EDUC 5237:?Educating for Environmental Sustainability
- EDUC 5247: Issues in Mathematics Education
- EDUC 5276:?Educational Representations?in Popular Culture
- EDUC 5296:?New Literacies: Making Multiple Meanings
- EDUC 5426:?Models and Theories of Reading Across the Lifespan
- EDUC 5436:?Early Literacy
- EDUC 5466: Adults as Learners
- EDUC 5496:?Meanings of Literacy: Theory into Practice
- EDUC 5586:?Research Themes in Second Language Education
- EDUC 5646:?Creativity and Learning?
- EDUC 5736: Teaching & Learning Through the Arts?
- EDUC 6116: Critical Conversation in Educational Research
- EDUC 6117: Critical Conversation in Educational Theory
- EDUC 6126: Doctoral Seminar
- EDUC 6118: Inquiry-Based Growth & Development In Educational Sustainability
For a complete listing of graduate level Education courses, please consult the 5000 and 6000 level courses in the Academic Calendar.